What is horror?

Saturday, February 18, 2023

CHARACTERS

I was thinking go other ideas, and I think I would most likely not stick to this one. So definitely by next week, I'll have a whole different idea that I will go into more in-depth probably on the next blog. But for now, I'll stick to this one until I have the other one. So, I am only doing one character in this film, since in the original, the main character had a brother who was also there in the hospital with her and he was also in her "dream reality", but for the scene that I was planning on doing, I really didn't need the brother, unless I put him in the hospital as he is waking her up from her "dream" but I feel like that would be too difficult, as I already don't have the setting of a hospital bed and I would have to play with the lighting and I think imitating a hospital room at my house would be pretty difficult, unless maybe I find a YouTube video on it. With that being said, this is character that think would fit the genre if I were to do a film opening on this.


When I was thinking of my character, Lily Collins was the one who came into my mind and I absolutely love her in the movie "Love, Rosie" although I would love for her to be on my film opening, there's just no way to contact her and well, I don't have connections like that. But just imagine someone similar to her. So my character would be a brunette, her height wind be around five foot and four inches, and she would have brown eyes. And her personality would kind of change throughout the movie, although you would only see the side of her from where she's scared at first, but after that, she would realize that she's in trouble and overcome those obstacles by being brave. My character would also be very intelligent, as she finds strategies to hide from the people that want to kill her because she is a "witch" so therefore, she will have to learn to survive by doing this. And this woes also be more emphasized by wearing clothes that are mid/dark bluest which represent her as being intelligent, trustworthy and loyal. As a coincidence, Lily happens to be wearing the color blue in this picture I looked up of her so this could be a really good reference of how she will look like with this one of blue. As you may or may not notice, my character does not have a name. I mean I can't just call my character Lily, but now that in am thinking about it, it wouldn't be so bad. If I can find a really good vintage last name to go with it then it's set. However, in the project i did with my group we had a name for her, which was "Catherine Squire" but I just want to switch up, just because I didn't want to use the same name.  So I did some research and this are some of the ideas that came up. 



Now, I am not a big fan of these names. The only one that kind of convinced was Beatrice. But it wasn't enough and I just wasn't satisfied I mean I tried putting Beatrice with old last news like "Barsham" or "Albury" but that is definitely not it. But then I thought about actually using the name of Lily and that to me was actually not a bad idea. And no, it is not because the girl in the picture is Lily Collins. Now that I had my first name, I had to find a last name for her and after looking up old vintage last names, I made my decisions which actually wasn't as hard because I felt like "Lily" could go with any last name, but the names were pretty weird and I just didn't like them but I had to make a choice. But after looking at my options carefully I decided that my character's name would be "Lily Ackford''. I think it goes great with the name and although it is a weird last name, I like it for my character and I think it fits her. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

CREATIVE CRITICAL REFLECTION

In one of the videos, it sounds like one of my family member is dying but I swear, my Aunt is okay. https://drive.google.com/file/d/15RVz-t4...