What is horror?

Friday, February 17, 2023

Title Fonts

After two mental breakdown I had in one day, I decided to just take it easy and pray that a good idea would come to mind. No, it has to come to my mind wether I like it or not, because I would just end up doing the treadmill video our teacher showed us once and although it was cool and very different, I would not end up choreographing a treadmill routine. No way. so for now, I am just going to show the fonts that I had in mind, why I made the options of choosing those fonts, and potential options that I might use for my videos even though I still don't know what to do but I promise I will have something. 

After looking at fonts in fontspace.com, I came down to a few options that I can use for my title. But before deciding on this font, I made research to be nice informed and pick the right font for the genre of my choice. Even though the article I read about was about fonts in books, it still gave me me an idea of what font should I use and why is it appropriate for the genre that I am working with. The font would also be something that would catch the audience's attention and make then want to know more about the film. 

This is an example of Sans Serif font, which is very common in the triller/mystery world. Some of the fonts that are very used in this genre of fonts are Futura, Helvetica, and Gill sans. As you can see in the cover of this book, one of the Sans Serif fonts is used to make the title look bold and stand out. This would be good for a thriller movie because this type of fonts will intrigue the audience, as it is big and makes a statement. Now, if I do this font it is not going to look like, I mean in the way that it is structured vertically. I would put the title horizontally and I plan on doing it in a close up of the face of the girl being scared. I am not sure if I would put the color in black or red, as I will have to figure it out while I am editing, and depending on the lighting that the scene would take place on. Since I think on making these scene with medium dark lighting, I think it would be best to put the title on red, since it would stand out and it would give kind of the creepy/mystery vibes. I'm not saying it would stay like this and that I am not going to change my mind, because again, I still don't know what to do but this is the vision that I have so far.  



This is another font that I think it is so cool and it might be my favorite from this article that I read. To me, this font generates that sense of mystery and spooky at the same time and I really loved that ''IT" it's in red and it stands out with the all white background that is simple  plus the clown's mouth and nose help create build more suspense, as the audience would be intrigued by this imagery. This is perfect for a book cover and it would definitely attract people, however it is not a book cover that I am doing. I could be using this font for the title and I think I like it even more than the first one, bit I am just throwing out ideas. I think this font is perfect for my film opening as it also bold and can grab people's attention easily, and if I do end up picking this font or something similar to it, I would most likely put it in red, since it gives those kind of creepyish vibes and it makes it stand out. I would still put this on the same shot that I described in the first picture. 





Overall, this were the fonts that I really liked. And although this were examples of book covers and how these fonts can be used for the thriller genre, reading this article and looking at these examples helped me  be more careful and think about the font more before deciding which one would be the most adequate for my opening film and it also helped me be more informed on the genre of thriller. I also learned which fonts are the most used for this genre and why are the reasons that they are commonly used. With this in mind, I started to try out a bunch of different fonts that would fit the genre. 








This are the font options that I came down to. The first one I really, really liked. It definitely gives those suspense vibes and it goes I think it would look good with the film opening. The second one is good and it think it looks great with the red but I think the title is more elegant rather than suspenseful. I don't know, I might be wrong I just don't think it is the best decision fro the film opening. And the third one. Well I didn't hate it but I wasn't a big fan of it neither. In my opinion, this font won't work because I think it is more for the horror genre and to me, it kind of looks childish. The fourth one is my absolute favorite one. I was trying to look for something that was similar to the book cover of Steven King's "IT" that  you guys saw on top because I really liked it. I tried it with the title and I think it fits perfectly. Even though I am set on this one if I get to stick to my story, I would like to try out the first font just to see what it looks like and to play around with it. 






























No comments:

Post a Comment

CREATIVE CRITICAL REFLECTION

In one of the videos, it sounds like one of my family member is dying but I swear, my Aunt is okay. https://drive.google.com/file/d/15RVz-t4...