What is horror?

Monday, February 20, 2023

FINAL RESEARCH

I told you guys I would come up with another idea. And that is exactly what I did, but I didn't come up with this one by myself. So this weekend, I called my cousin to see if he could help me get an idea, and maybe help me in the filming process. I told him what the instructions were and the idea that I had with the thriller genre. He said that idea could be possible but it was just too much and we needed something simple, in which I 100% agreed. So we just started to look at story prompts to see if we could come up with something. But first, he asked me what genre I was interested in and I had no idea what to answer, since I only did research on thriller. So we started looking at genres and the only ones that caught my eye were drama and comedy, since I thought they were going to be way easier to film and I have two cousins that could be great on this. After looking at story prompts and getting ideas, my cousins and I came to one idea that I think would work out great under this category. But, before I tell you guys what it is, I'll go more in depth about these two genres, since it is what my film opening is going to be based on. 

A comedy movie is meant to be humorous and entertain the audience, and in almost all the movies, the main character has a happy ending. A comedy movie usually makes the audience laugh through the use language like sarcasm and very inappropriate jokes but it is always the uncomfortable scenarios the characters are being put in and how they deal with them. Drama is kind of the same thing, but it just involves the characters with a lot of conflicts. The difference between these two genres are that Comedy is meant to make people laugh and have a happy ending. On the other hand, a drama movie has more of a serious story line and it often ends with a sad ending. However, comedy and drama can be put together and make a good film, since a comedy often has a character deal with a lot of conflicts, but one way or the other they will resolve it and have a good ending. 


This is absolutely one of my favorite movies ever. This movie is a rom-com and although I don't plan on using romance on my film opening, this is a good example of what I wanna do. No, I'm not booking a trip to Africa. The movie starts with Lauren and Jim going on a date in Hooters but it goes terribly wrong. After that they keep having encounters and they just completely hate each other. Until one day, they both are going to a trip to Africa because Lauren's friend broke up with her boyfriend and gave her the tickets. The boyfriend is Jim's boss in which he gave the tickets to him. What they didn't know is that they would be sharing rooms, since it was meant to be a honeymoon. They got to Africa and then they realized this, and plus they hate each other. After this a bunch of conflicts arise, since they are supposed to be doing things together since apparently they are people, which creates uncomfortable situations between the two.They are also involved in some funny situations. My favorite ones would be were Nickens sings to them. I would put one video but I think some of them are inappropriate so I'll just put a link. At the end they end up falling for each other and they all live happily ever after. Okay that was cheesy but it was similar to that. I love this movie



Omg. My all time favorite baseball movie ever. THE sandlot. Where do I even start. So this movie is sports/comedy film about a boy (Scott Smalls) moves to San Francisco and his mom tells him to go out and make some friends. He goes out and tries to be friends with the boys who play baseball in the neighbourhood, but only makes a fool out of himself. The boys end up making fun of him except Benny, which is the leader of the group and also my boyfriend. At the end, he ends up accepting the kid as they needed one more guy on the team. Smalls got ever and everyone on the team started to like him. However, they only had one baseball to play with and when Benny hits a home, Small starts panicking and tries to jump over the fence and try to get the ball, but the boys all stop him, saying that there is a beast on the other side and that they would never be able to get the ball back. He then says that baseball was his dad's and that it was signed by Babe Ruth. They all rush to get it. But no luck. After getting in a bunch of sticky situations while tryin got get the ball, Benny decides that he would do himself. And he was successful. They became friends with the Beast and they found out they could just knock on the owner's door and they could get it back. This movie involves a lot of conflicts and funny situations, which makes this movie great and fall in the comedy genre. And here is the link for my favorite scene on the movie.

Doing this research helped me be more informed about the comedy/drama genre and the common elements that they have which makes it fall into these genres like uncomfortable situations and the type of language that they use to make the situation funny. I will definitely keep these in mind while I'm still planing the story with my cousin. I am not that stressed out as I was thank god because know that I think that I actually have a good idea that could work very well. But I still want to plan a little bit more because of now, I have ideas and I am set on one but I did don't have a clear storyline, which I would have this week when I do the storyboard. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

CREATIVE CRITICAL REFLECTION

In one of the videos, it sounds like one of my family member is dying but I swear, my Aunt is okay. https://drive.google.com/file/d/15RVz-t4...