What is horror?

Thursday, February 16, 2023

PLANNING (final group update)

So, I am sad to say that the group is unfortunately splitting up to do this project. Simon Cowell found out about us getting a lawyer and he just dropped us. But that's not going to affect us. However, we did have an idea but now that we are working individually, I honestly don't know what to do. I do have ideas for the film opening but there are all from the project we worked on and, I don't know, I don't want to get an idea on a project that we all worked together. I am thinking of the same idea that I have, but give it my own twist? Or maybe I would get a whole different idea and not stick with this which I would update if I do change my mind. But for now, I'll describe what I want to do with the story and how I plan on giving it a different twist.

So, I plan on my story starting with a lady getting ready to go to work. she would be getting dressed and while she is doing her morning routine, she is speaking to someone on the phone. I also plan on having the credits show while she does her stuff.. She goes to the living room and suddenly she hears a weird chant in the distance. The chant gets lauder and lauder and she tells her friend something is going on outside and hangs up. After that she gets closer to the door, the chanting becoming more aggressive and clear, in which you can hear the people say stuff like "kill the witch'' or just saying ''witch" a numerous amount of times. As soon as the doorknob makes a sound when she tries to open the door, everything becomes silent. She stares at the doorknob for a few seconds before opening it and nest thing you know, she sees a very creepy and dark forest. She then walks outside to investigate more about the chants but she sees absolutely no one. She turns back to go to her house, but she finds that the house just disappeared out of nowhere. After hearing weird sounds and already being paranoid, she then hears someone saying "There she is!!" and a bunch of people start running towards her and then she starts running for her life. She wakes up in the hospital after that, trying to gasp for air.


This is the forest that was on my mind while thinking of this story. But, where am I going to find something like this? and in Florida. I have no idea what to do. The only thing there is in Florida are beaches. Not forests like this. At least, not that I know of, and no way I'm flying all the way to Ohio to go to one of these forests. Although I must say, they are pretty cool and they look like they are straight out of a horror movie. It's terrifying, I've been to one of those forest. Unless there is some park that I could go at night time and play around with light techniques to make it look more spooky and to add more suspense to it. This would be my only issue when recording. The rest, I could shoot at my house without a problem. I could have one of my cousins to be the lady or I could just ask a friend, since I think it's better if I record because I know the shots and angles that have to be used, rather than, for example, a family member record me because they wouldn't pay that much attention to the shots and the techniques and they would just record. I can show them how, but in my opinion that would be twice the work and it would slow down the process. Another setting that would not be difficult but kind of a challenge to record would be the hospital. There is no way I'm showing up to a hospital and ask them if I can borrow a room. Unless I pretend to have seizure and out my acting skills on practice. Just kidding, but to do this shot, I have to use a very, very white light and play around with it. I was thinking of doing it at a bed probably mine and put white sheets, and with the white light shining on her. And if that doesn't work, then I was planning on putting like the sound of beeping in it. 

Like I said before, this is just an idea in which I don't even know that I'm sticking with. I think one of my mistakes was that I was thinking that we were going to still work together and the only scenes I thought of were the ones from the last project. But then again, even if I didn't think that we would be working together, I would still have no idea on what I would be doing, as it is only week two of this project. I'm kind of frustrated and worried at the same time that at the end, I won't come up with anything creative and my project just won't be that good. Right now, I'm just hoping and praying that I would come up with more ideas that I could think of more and be able to create the perfect story for you guys. And I may have a hold month to do this project but I can't waste my time thinking what it is that I am going to do. By next week, I need to have my idea set so that I can actually start planning and making a schedule for shooting and if I am going to need people to be in the film opening. 














No comments:

Post a Comment

CREATIVE CRITICAL REFLECTION

In one of the videos, it sounds like one of my family member is dying but I swear, my Aunt is okay. https://drive.google.com/file/d/15RVz-t4...