What is horror?

Saturday, February 11, 2023

Thinking, thinking and more thinking

Well, I'm just going to be honest, I don't even know how to start. All the ideas I am getting are all over the place and I am kind of worried that I won't come up with something that is creative and authentic enough for you guys. Everywhere I go, I think about this project to see if I can get some inspiration, but I found out that I get more ideas when I can't go to sleep. Don't worry though, I am still getting my 8 hours of sleep. 

Not gonna lie, the first thing that came in my mind was sports, which I am not even surprised that it was the first thing that I thought off. I love sports, or better said, I love the sport of baseball and I had this whole vision on my mind that I was, well, about 50% sure that it would come to life. Until I read the instructions and it said that the film opening has to be a fiction piece, not a non-fiction one... and my dreams of being hired by the MLB were crushed. Just kidding, but I knew I had to come up with another idea. Quick warning though, this will not be the first time I will be speaking about baseball, since it would basically be part of the journey because spring season its in one week and I score the games. Plus the World Baseball Classic is coming up in March, and guess what? Great Britain qualified so my fellow Cambridge examiners have something to look forward to, even though I think we know what the end result is going to be but don't give up yet, there's still a bit of hope...right? Stick around to see exactly how far Great Britain would go in the World Baseball Classic. 

So far, my ideas have been mostly about the horror or thriller genre, since they are my favorite movies to watch. One of the upcoming movies that I've been thinking about recently it's called "Evil Dead Rise" and although it is set to be released on April 21, 2023, I watched the trailer and I am just speechless. From the shots and angles, the stings, the lighting and one of the things that I found to be the most beautiful yet terrifying thing, was the set design of the women who I believe is supposed to be possessed by an evil identity. In the trailer, the women is mostly covered in blood and her hair is in the stage were she was almost going bald. But for me, it was the face. The women had like yellowish eyes and her skin was very, very pale. And the mouth omg. It reminded me from the one in the movie "Truth or Dare" and that is just terrifying. 

However, I did have another idea, and it was one from a past project I did as a group. The project was about making there plot of the story, developing the characters and making a script from one of the scenes. The story that my group came up with was called "Secrets of Salem" and it was about a girl going to work, when suddenly she was hit by a car and taken to the hospital. While she is in the hospital, she gets this "weird dreams" about her being haunted because she is a witch and it becomes even more strange because every time she wakes up in the hospital bed from this "dream", it happens in reality like her twisting her ankle while being chased by the people in her dreams. Now, I know we would have to come up with another scene if we decide to work as a group. But who knows what we would actually come up with? we may not even end up sticking to this story, or even working on this project together. Stay tuned to know if Fifth Harmony 2.0 is splitting up to do their own projects. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CREATIVE CRITICAL REFLECTION

In one of the videos, it sounds like one of my family member is dying but I swear, my Aunt is okay. https://drive.google.com/file/d/15RVz-t4...