What is horror?

Sunday, March 12, 2023

BEFORE SHOOTING

 
Today, I woke up and I was super exited to start shooting, not only because the shooting process could be fun but because I also get this video out of the way and go straight into editing, in which I would only have to worry about the CCR, and I am planning on starting the first video on spring break, since I think is the more complicated one out of the two videos because we have to do something creative, and on top of that, i have to write a script for both of the videos. So the sooner I get this out of the way, the better because I won't be as stressed as I was. 

The first thing I did, was printing out the college rejection letters. I used templatelab.com and blaze.today to find college rejection templates. Then, I found pictures of the colleges to put on top. In total, I did four universities, but I think I am going to add one more college. I sent the pictures to my cousin to see what he thought but he hasn't answered. I think the letters look realistic enough and go perfectly with the film opening. When my cousin comes to my house, I'll ask him what he thinks and I will also get opinions of my family members. At the end, We decided to do two Florida Universities, one Ivy League and one out of state. I think by having two Florida Universities would establish the setting, and plus the dialogue with some of my family members, which would be in Spanish. Originally, we planned on doing five but we thought that was too much, especially because I wanted to open each one of them in my film opening, so we stetted for four rejection letters



There was one misunderstanding though. So, for some reason, my dad thought that this was literally a barbecue party and he decided to invite his friends. I was so mad because I was planning this for such a long time and the fact that he was just laughing at me, made my blood boil like I've been working on my project for a while now, and this is the stuff he pulls? and then he literally said that it doesn't matter that he could just be in the patio with his friends making the barbecue. Seriously? the majority of the shoots are going to be in the living room, in which you can also see the patio and I do not want to show that. He does not understand that the setting matters besides, he would be talking to his friends and you would hear that through our recording device, plus the smoke. I think he took the theme of "family graduation party" too serious. 

After this all went down, we started to get the props ready for the video. We decorated the table so that it looked like a graduation party, which I think it was pretty similar to one and my mom also bought balloons that said "Congrats" in gold which I thought was pretty cool. My aunt also brought the cap and something similar to a gown which I knew I could use for the film opening The food we bought was also on the table, which it was a bit of an issue since people thought they could eat it. I mean they could but after I was done filming. Overall, I thought this was perfect and this would actually how we would decorate if someone in my family was graduating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CREATIVE CRITICAL REFLECTION

In one of the videos, it sounds like one of my family member is dying but I swear, my Aunt is okay. https://drive.google.com/file/d/15RVz-t4...