What is horror?

Monday, March 13, 2023

RECORDING PROCESS

Yes, it was finally time to record. This day actually came. Anyways, my cousin and his family arrived at my house a like 2 in the afternoon and we started to plan when we were going to start recording the last scene of the film opening, since we still needed daylight because at that point in the film opening, it is the next day. While we were planning, we decided to put the rejection letters on a envelope and I came up with the idea that instead of that scene being just me staring at the rejection letters, it would be me opening each and every single one of them, which in my opinion, would be more entertain to watch and keep the audience guessing, of course with a lot of different shots and angles.

My cousin brought a tripod, which I thought was going to be helpful but while we were setting up to start recording, we realized that we realized that we really didn't need it, as all the shots could be hand held, but not for it to look chaotic, my cousin just happens to have a steady hand. We played with a bunch of different shots and angles to make sure that the it would illustrate the story and also making sure that it wouldn't be too much unnecessary shots that we just didn't need for the recording. And let me tell you it was a long process, because I am very picky and I told my cousin to record some scenes over, and over again because I wanted it to be perfect. Was I hard to deal with on this day? Yes, especially because I was already in a bad mood from what happened with my dad. But I knew my cousin could handle me. Something else would be that my family wouldn't shut up while I was in my room recording the scenes. On one of the videos, I literally flip out and go to the living to shut them up because they just wouldn't stop talking. And, you wanna know what's funny? I knew I would have this issues, way before we even started recording.


After we finally recorded the last scene, we then waited for my step-sister and cousin to get home. Meanwhile, we started getting the table ready and setting up the balloons. We got ready and we waited for it to be dark outside so that we could start recording. So, I wanted my dad to be in the video, but because he had his own barbecue party going on in the patio, he couldn't be on my video, so basically it was all girls. We decided to have my mom be a single mom, and my uncle was the only guy in the video. My brother did not want to participate, like I knew he wouldn't. We were having some issues with how to start it, but we pulled it off. I am now worried that there is not enough shots of this scenes because I had a whole vision of how I wanted it to turn out, and it went in a whole different directions, in terms of like shots and angles. I thought the dialogue scenes were too long, without any cuts in between, and I don't know, hopefully when we edit, it would look way better because I wasn't quite satisfied with this party scene. But we got it over with and I am sure that when we edit, it's going to look much better. As soon as we stopped recording, we turned on the TV and watched Venezuela and Dominican Republic play. No way I was missing that game.



The reason why I talked non-stop about baseball in the class. Look at this. We beat Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico. This is for my teacher that does not understand how big this is for us Venezuelans. This is huge for us. And yes I do my work in class, but today was an exception. After this weekend happened, I've been too hyped for this, especially because now we have chances to classify for the quarterfinals. I swear, I always do my work but this is really special to us. Now, question for my Cambridge Examiners. Why those uniforms? I mean come on. It looks like you guys made a word document, copy and pasted the shirt, put the words Great Britain in it and said "Yup, this is the one", I mean really? Anyways, nice try on trying to beat USA, but don't get discouraged, you guys already won by just qualifying so. I am really trying to be nice. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

CREATIVE CRITICAL REFLECTION

In one of the videos, it sounds like one of my family member is dying but I swear, my Aunt is okay. https://drive.google.com/file/d/15RVz-t4...