What is horror?

Sunday, March 19, 2023

EDITING PROCESS

This day finally came. I just wanted to see the finished product and how it would hopefully turn out to be better than what we recorded because like I have said on my past blogs, I wasn't so sure about the shots that we got and the recording was rushed so I was afraid that the video would be sloppy and not good enough. 

Because my cousin lives far, he suggested that he could go to my house with his friend that knows how to edit to teach me how to do the stuff. But it was too complicated because his friend already planned out a schedule and he was going to be busy all week so my cousin suggested to do it another day. But, I told him his friend could just go to my cousin's house and we could FaceTime because I had to get this video edited as soon as possible to start working on my CCR. My cousin also suggested that I could sleepover at his house but that wouldn't be possible, since my brother had baseball games Thursday and Friday and I have to be there, since I score the games and besides, my parents couldn't take me all the way to Miami, since they work.

So on Friday, we decided to FaceTime at like 11 so that we would have time to plan things out and it is not too late because I had two go to a baseball game. The day before, I sent my cousin all the videos so that he could sent it to his friend. When they were going over the footage, the videos weren't in order so we had to go through them one by one, which was a bit annoying since I sent my cousin the footage in order but for some reason, my cousin's friend didn't have it that way. After all the footage was finally in order, his friend then started to cut out all the unnecessary stuff or like when now of my family members messed up, or when I messed up. The videos of getting the rejection letters were already done, since when I was looking at each one of them I cut the things we didn't need, but I didn't do it with the graduation party. The editing app that my cousin's friend was using was DaVinci Resolve. 



And I thought I wasn't going to have any footage. After we finished cutting out the videos, the total of minutes we had was 6 minutes. I was dying because I really thought that with all the footage we had, we would only have like a minute and fifty seconds but holy. I did not expect to have 6 minutes. So I was freaking out and I was like "Well what are we going to do now like I can't have 6 minutes on my film opening my teacher would have a heart attack and my Cambridge examiners wouldn't even bother to look at it, especially because of the comments I've made about Great Britain at the WBC" My cousin's friend told me that it will all be okay and they would figure it out. And then, to make me even more anxious, my cousin told me that he would call me back when they cut down the footage. I died on the inside.

Like an hour an a half later my cousin calls me and he says he has good news and bad news. Oh my god. He says the good news was that the minutes went down and now it was two minutes and fifteen seconds. I freaked out, but not really. Well I did but at least it wasn't 6 minutes. I still told them we had to get down to at least two minutes and five seconds. He then tells me the bad news. He said that the interactions at the party were all cut off because it just wouldn't fit and that was my second hard attack of the day. Now I was really freaking out. I was like ''Well, wait until my family finds out that they really didn't have to memorize a whole graduation party speech" and what sucked is that they were actually really good at acting. So, my cousin's friend shows me the beginning of the video and I thought it was not going to be good, but basically the opening is me saying that I am grateful for everyone coming to my graduation party and it just cuts to the next day, which is me getting my letters.




I was a bit more relaxed that the idea actually worked and that we got it down to two minutes and five seconds. Now, we had to add the background music, credits and subtitles. We went to YouTube and found uncopyrighted music for the graduation party. It wasn't hard to find and I think it actually matches the party. One of them suggested to add music to the rejection letter scene and I wasn't too sure about it because I thought that it just didn't need music. But after finding one that matched the scene, I actually really liked it because I think it puts more emotion to it. This one was very hard and annoying to find, because most of the options were copyrighted and at this point in the project, I was not going to send an email to Olivia Rodrigo. We then added the credits and came up with a title.




The video was ready but my cousin had to airdrop it to me. So yesterday we came down to his house not only for him to send me the video, but to watch the Venezuela and USA baseball game. Yesterday was a sad day for us Venezuelans. The United States wants to take everything from us. Miss Universe, now the World Baseball Classic I mean we just can't take a break. What else is next? Are they taking arepas now from us? This is Trea Turner's fault for hitting a grand slam. Okay, all jokes aside, this was a very good baseball games, one of the best game I've ever seen in my life. They both fought hard but I really wanted that Cuba and Venezuela match but we'll get them next time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

CREATIVE CRITICAL REFLECTION

In one of the videos, it sounds like one of my family member is dying but I swear, my Aunt is okay. https://drive.google.com/file/d/15RVz-t4...