What is horror?

Wednesday, March 15, 2023

OBSTACLES WHILE SHOOTING

On the last blog I did say some of the issues that my cousin and I had while recording but I didn't go in-depth into them.I think it is important for me to speak about this because I can learn from this issues so that later on I won't make the same mistake or just try to avoid it, especially because I think the scenes that we recorded, especially the graduation party was just not up to my expectations, or maybe it was because I didn't plan on what each family member was going to do or say. But hopefully, this is just me being hard on myself and the end result much better when the editing process is done. 

The first thing I'll say that was an issue was communication. I mean my dad literally thought it was a whole barbecue party like what. And I specifically told him that it was for a project and the only reason why my cousin and his family came all the way from Miami was to do a project. But I guess he only understood the party thing of it and decode to add the word barbecue. And the fact that I really wanted him to be on my project, but he couldn't because he was too busy making the barbecue and talking to the friend that he invited. Yes, while we were recordings he was in fact making a barbecue and I each time I was recording in the living room, I would worry that he would just go in and interrupt the shooting process and that was one of the things that was stressing me out. And I was already upset because he was not going to be in it.

Another thing was that we didn't plan well was the graduation party. I struggled a little saying my lines, since I decided not to have a script because I thought it would be easy. But it wasn't as hard, it was just the reason why we had to start recording over, and over again. But it wasn't like a big issues. But I think for next time, even though I think in my opinion could be done without a script, writing like a rough draft or an idea of what the character were going to say would have been so much easier and the recording process would have gone more smoothly, as this was one of the reasons why I was getting frustrated so much, especially with myself because I just thought that I could go out there and say whatever I wanted to say and when it came t the dialogue, it's like I didn't know what I was doing. But like I said, later on, I go the hang of it.

The process was completely rushed when recording for the graduation party. My step-sister had to go at a certain time with my cousin because they were going to like some Saint Patrick's parade, so they wanted to just be done so that they could leave but I was just glad they came and actually helped me on my project because I wanted them to be in it, and they also gave me like last minute ideas that I thought they were pretty cool that I would get more into when I talk about the editing process. Also, because I thought it was being too rushed, I think that we didn't get enough techniques of like shots and angles, which worries me because for the rejection scenes, which was recorded at noon in the same day, I think my cousin and I utilized various shots and angles and I am afraid that the party scene would just look bad in comparison. We were also waiting to watch the Dominican Republic and Venezuela baseball game which was also the reason why we were king of rushing.

People wouldn't collaborate while I was recording the rejection letters scene. This was the worst one and everyone got on my nerves. I told them to be quiet, but they wouldn't listen. They were sometimes quiet but not all the time and because of this, my cousin and I had to shoot over, and over again. And the funny thing is I knew that there was just no way they would stay quiet, and I knew this way before I started recording. And at almost at the end of the shooting, my family decided to go out because they realized that they just couldn't collaborate. Great timing. Actually, there is this one video of me being in the middle of saying something and I hear one of my family members and I just get so mad and start walking towards the living room.

Overall, I think my recording process for the rejection letters was went way better than the recording for the graduation party, as I think that in the rejection letters we used more shots and angles and in my opinion, it looks way better than the party scene, even thought people wouldn't shut up but we got through it. Like I said before, I really, really hope that it all comes together when we start editing, as I am also afraid that that we recorded, won't be enough and it wouldn't even hit a minute and fifty seconds. Also, all the videos and shots would be shown more in the editing process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CREATIVE CRITICAL REFLECTION

In one of the videos, it sounds like one of my family member is dying but I swear, my Aunt is okay. https://drive.google.com/file/d/15RVz-t4...