What is horror?

Monday, March 6, 2023

UPDATE ON STORY AND SHOOTING SCHEDULE

I spoke to my cousin on Sunday to tell him the idea that the teacher gave me so that we could just figure out how we can start the story and how it was going to end. I told him the whole idea, and for some reason, he said there was something missing. Honestly, I thought the idea was perfect, I mean it is simple, and it is something that can do without a problem and I think I will be able to pull it off. He then said that his whole idea was basically crushed which I mean I get, but I told him what the teacher said and I 100% agreed with her and I was already thinking about way before she called me up to talk to her. I ended up explaining to him that the idea was too much and we wouldn't be able to fit the story in 2 minutes, which is the truth.

We then started thinking about the start of the film. I proposed the idea of the main character getting ready for like a graduation party with family members. I don't want this scene to be long though because it is not about the main character getting ready. And then after that, she would come out and greet all of her family members. Now, I think I want to make this party like really loud, because I think it would be boring if the main character was just having interactions with the family members and nothing was happening. So if I want it to be "loud", then I know that when I start editing, we have to do a sound bridge. So I am basically talking with all of my family members and they are all speaking in Spanish and they are all dancing and having a good time. I would get different shots and angles for this to make it more entertaining. And after the party is over, I was thinking of doing like a zoom out of the rejection letters and it would be in the main character's bedroom and she would be siting down. And then we would focus on her face, in which it would be like ": I don't know what to do: face and after that, I planned on having my mom open the door and calling my name. I look up and that's where the film opening ends. 

I think this idea is pretty solid, I just worry that it would be too little and that I would still have plenty of time. Shooting wise, we are officially recording this weekend on Saturday. The sooner, the better because I also have to think about my reflective and what I am going to do for the videos, plus the editing in which my cousin has a friend who took a class similar to this one and knows how to work all of this and can teach me how to edit for my videos. Another thing that I am thinking about would be the props that we have to get for the party. I think I want like a banner that says "Graduation" in it and it would be a table that would be decorated pretty, I am thinking silver knives and forks with maybe white plates. And abut the dialogue, this may sound a little bit crazy, but I want my family to improvise because i really just don't think a script would be necessary, is the whole thing is literally them congratulating me but it is not going to be the same for each family member obviously. I am also keeping in mind how a hispanic family would be like at a graduation party, and that is pretty much chaos, at least in my family. So I want to have that culture in my film opening, which I think would be entertaining and fun to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CREATIVE CRITICAL REFLECTION

In one of the videos, it sounds like one of my family member is dying but I swear, my Aunt is okay. https://drive.google.com/file/d/15RVz-t4...