What is horror?

Friday, February 24, 2023

COSTUMING OPTIONS

 I still my story line yet. I was supposed to talk with my cousin on the phone today on Friday to have the story done but he was working and it was just going to be complicated. And I could off called him on Saturday or Sunday but I have a fifteen's birthday party. Why can't I call him earlier then? Well, let's say that the place is 4 hours away so I have to get ahead on my blogs. I also proposed to him if we could do shooting schedule instead of the storyboard but what he said was right. He said that first we need the story, establish the main characters and have a theme, which I have not thought about it. Besides, he is working and he doesn't know if his family can be part of the film next week, or my family because they are also working. So we got on a call on last time and I told him that it would be better if I do costuming options today, even though we don't have a story line and on Sunday, when I come back from the place, we will do the storyboard without any issues. He was also thinking on coming to my house so that we could work on it and ask for my family member's opinions, but I think we would be too exhausted. 


So far in our story, the main character is coming from her  graduation, or it could be from getting her junior ring. For this types of events, people usually wear something formal because there is just no way the girl is going to a graduation with a bikini. This is the picture that I had in my head of the dress that I want the girl to wear. It doest have to be exactly the same thing, but something similar to it would be fine. And I I think I shouldn't be white necessarily. The dress could be pastel tones such as light pink and blue. I was also thinking about Cassie from Euphoria, how she is a sweet little girl and her pastel color palette, emphasizes her personality more. Even though I don't know what the character's personality is going to be yet, I think I want her to be soft, but not too soft, since she has a crazy family, and I think this color would perfectly suit her personality. Unless when I plan out her story line she's the complete opposite and ends up being a rebel, then her color palette would completely change. But for now, this is what I want her to be like. Also, I does not have to be a dress. It could also be a formal jumpsuit that would fit the occasion. But for now, I'll stick with the dress and if I find something formal other than a dress, I'll use it. Below, is the color palette that I would want my character to wear.





This is what I was planning on the family members to wear. No, they are not all wearing white, but this is an idea of what I want and besides, I do not want it to look equal in a way that it looks like we all went to jail because they are all wearing the same color, I want diversity were all the family members are wearing what they want to wear, as long as it is formal and it fits the event. This pictured remind me of when my whole family had a photoshoot and we all had to wear a white t-shirt and jeans. It was annoying, but the pictures came out good. Anyways, same thing with the main character it is a formal event, therefore they will have to wear formal clothes. And they don't necessarily have to wear this. My mom and my aunt and I think my step-sister would be in it too, they could wear jeans with a different colored top, appropriate for the occasion of course. Or they could also be wearing a dress. Now, I am not worried about my Mom and my Aunt having something appropriate, but I am pretty much worried about my step-sister. Let's just say she's a bit of a free spirit and she just likes to show which I don't mind but for this story, she will have to find something that would fit with the story.



This is an idea of what I want the guys to wear. And like I said, no it doesn't have to be all white. Family photoshoot has been over for a month now. I think this is perfect for a graduation, since it is formal and fits the occasion. And they would wear another type of shirt also, it doesn't have to be like the one in the picture. It could be a polo shirt, with a different color, like blue and pair it with jeans. Or they could wear the same outfit that's on the picture with a different colored shit like beige. I simply do not want everyone to look equal and like I said before, I want diversity so that it looks different but in a good way. I don't think I would have issues with the boys whatsoever about the clothing. I think they all have something formal to wear, at least I know my brother and my dad do, but I'm pretty sure my uncle and my cousin have something to wear. They are all going to have a neutral palette, as we want the crazy cousin to stand out.











This is what the "crazy aunt" is going to look like. In this case though, it would be my cousin doing this role, in which I think she's perfect for it. She's is going to have super flash clothes like this one or similar to it. Trust me, I have experience and this is how my actual Aunt dresses and is the most gossipy person ever. I've already been through this. Every single time there is a family reunions. She has the biggest glasses ever, the most horrific and shiniest shoes there is out there, and a scarf, It is always the scarf I swear. And she is also the loudest one in the room and wants all the attention for absolutely no reason. Oh, and it is always taking pictures of everything, even when her phone storage is full. So, I wanted to recreate someone like my aunt in my film opening, since these are always the type of family members who always cause some type of conflict, and I need conflict on my film. In contrast from the other characters, her color palette would have very bright and vibrant colors.


























No comments:

Post a Comment

CREATIVE CRITICAL REFLECTION

In one of the videos, it sounds like one of my family member is dying but I swear, my Aunt is okay. https://drive.google.com/file/d/15RVz-t4...