What is horror?

Monday, February 27, 2023

GROUP MEETING

Today, we got into groups of five, I think, I didn't count but I got to hear what other people were saying and I was also able to get feedback. Hearing what other people had to say about my project helped me get more ideas and try to make the plot of the story better, or make any changes within my project. I also liked giving feedback to the people in my group and help them get more ideas or recommending anything that they should add to their story, or how to help them make a scene they weren't sure on how to make. Like for example, one group member wanted feedback on how to make a scene in where the character was I think riding a bicycle and then he has an accident. It was something similar to it, but we all gave him recommendations on what he could do and I really liked all the ideas that the people were coming up with.  I also liked their blogs and how organized they were, which also gave me ideas of what I can write about on my upcoming blogs.

I was talking about my project to them, and honestly, I may have a story board but my story was more twisted than the whole gossip about the two lockdowns that happened last week, and I think that says a lot. However, I am very proud of my blogs, as I feel like they need the requirements and they have a lot of content in them. I asked my group members fro feedback on my story, and I 100% agreed with them. They said that the backstory would be too much and I may have to cut down some scenes to make it all fit in 2 minutes. But one of the group members said that he thought that if I pulled it off, it would look great because in a way, it can show you guys that I know how to like "manage the space" in a way to make it all fit in 2 minutes in which I knew what he was saying, but I thought it was still too much. Other group member suggested that I just start the film opening were all the family members come back from the graduation party, which was initially my first idea. After taking all of their critics, I started thinking on the suggestion they gave me an how I could improve my story.

The teacher called me over to give me feedback on my project. I was a bit scared to be honest, I thought she was just going to say that my idea was not going to work but she gave me suggestions. Also, she told me how my blogs have a lot of content in which she said it was good, but just wait until I start including summaries on Great Britain's performance on the World Baseball Classic for my Cambridge examiners. Yes, I will still be talking about the project, I just think it's fun to sometimes go out of topic and talk about the things we enjoy. Anyways, my teacher told me that the idea was too much, and I agreed with her, and my group members also told me this. She also said there was something missing, which she was not wrong because ever since I started working on the storyboard with my cousin and we felt like we had a story, I still knew there was something missing I swear she's like a psychic. So we started focusing on colleges and how the film opening could be about making decisions. So we were speaking for a bit , until she gave me an idea on how it could be the same college theme but different. 

So the idea was that the film opening is going to start by having like a party of the main character going to college, it could be like a graduation party, or something like a get-together before the main character her goes to college. And then there would be like shots of the main character talking with other family members, and then I think I want to put music in the background. Not that white music they put at like the gyms. Those are some weird remixes. I am talking about Spanish music and I'm going to try to find good music that is not copyrighted. If I can't then I guess I would go and email the record label. I don't know if the party is still going or not, but the end would be maybe her seeing that all her colleges rejected her, but she knew that. And something the teacher said was that I can do this project in Spanish and just wait until I tell my family members. But honestly, I kind of want to see them struggle with the language, it's funny how they speak, and besides, my mom really needs some practice since she's presenting her citizen exam so she better pass that thing, or else I am next and I don't want to take it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

CREATIVE CRITICAL REFLECTION

In one of the videos, it sounds like one of my family member is dying but I swear, my Aunt is okay. https://drive.google.com/file/d/15RVz-t4...